This training will provide the worker a comprehensive Rooftop Fall Protection training experience designed for working on rooftop and extension ladders (less than or up to 40’ in extended length). Upon completion, students will understand OSHA and ANSI standards as they apply to rooftop fall protection. In addition, each student will have the knowledge and skills to be designated ‘competent rooftop’ as they will be trained to identify unsafe acts and unsafe conditions in rooftop operations.
This course will cover:
· Introduction to Fall Protection and explanation of Fall Protection systems
· Rules & Regulations Overview – OHSA, ANSI
· Responsibilities of various training levels
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Ladder Safety Systems
· Work area – Flat roof, low slope, steep roof
· Safety systems – Horizontal and self-retracting lifelines, guardrails, safety nets, calculated clearances
· Emergency plan – Review current/Assistance in developing an EAP
· Rescue plans – Self, assisted, plan development Upon completion of the classroom session, students will relocate to a practical skills training site. Proper skills and techniques will be taught to the student, and students will provide re-turn demonstrations to the CITCA instructors. Each student will be evaluated for his/her competencies by the instructor, and the student’s compliance with proper skills and techniques will be documented and submitted to their employer.
This training will incorporate the most updated version of the OSHA 1910 Walking/Working surfaces standard.